#1 e-talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euthanasia, for or against?

Go down

Euthanasia, for or against? Empty Euthanasia, for or against?

Post  Charlie Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:46 am

OK, so I was at work the other day and myself and a colleague were discussing euthanasia as we work in a care home caring for the frail and elderly and those severely demented. We have a resident who has been with us and we have been looking after her for several years. She is in her late 80's and has very bad dementia, she soils herself, eats blankets, spits out food, has had a stroke, and has very little family. My self and the rest of my colleagues have work to do each day and cannot afford to spend the time we would much love to with this lady as we believe she has no quality of life.

My colleagues and I were thinking about our futures and if we got to that stage in life and couldn't comprehend the difference between a finger and a thumb then we would like our families, and family GP's to carry out a humane way to end this suffering I.e. euthanasia. Obviously prior to this we would expect all the appropriate examinations to be carried out and in the presence of at least two doctors.

What do you guys think about this?
Charlie
Charlie
Speechless
Speechless

e-Talk Money£ : 48

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum